So, it’s time to look at wood replacement windows for your home. You begin your research and find a myriad of products, installation options, and several Milwaukee window installation companies, all of whom state they offer the “best” products out there. Between the dozens of window brands and wood, vinyl, or fiberglass options, how do you choose?
We suggest looking at a couple of factors which may help you narrow down the options from the start. Ask yourself a couple of questions:
- What is my budget?
- How long will I be in my house?
- Am I OK with “white or beige” on the interior or do I want the look of stained wood?
- Do I want to keep my original woodwork, or do I want to replace that as well?
First, let’s get one thing out of the way.
FACT: All replacement windows are essentially “maintenance free”, which eliminates the need for storm windows. So buying any replacement window will fulfill the “low maintenance” criteria on your list. It then comes down to what material best fits your individual preferences. This series of articles will attempt to help you sort out the vast array of options and hopefully help you find the best wood replacement windows for YOU; windows that best fit your home, style and budget.
This post summarizes the differences between the wood replacement window brands we offer at HomeTowne Windows & Doors. (For our purposes, “wood windows” will be defined as having a wood-clad interior with either an aluminum or vinyl exterior. The interior is stainable and not a veneer.)
What’s the difference between Andersen, Pella, and Marvin wood replacement windows?
Andersen, Pella, and Marvin are some of the most popular window manufacturers in the country. All three brands have exceptional build quality, but there are a few important differences between the styles and options they offer.
The Short Answer: Andersen vs. Pella vs. Marvin Windows
|Interior Material||Wood or Fibrex||Wood or vinyl||Wood|
|Exterior Material||Vinyl||Aluminum or Wood||Aluminum or Wood|
|Interior Color Options||4||29+ Custom||19|
|Exterior Color Options||7||29+ Custom||19|
A More In-Depth Look
Click on the Logo below to read about each featured brand’s different wood window options.
So, Who Makes the Best Wood Replacement Windows?
These top three wood replacement windows manufacturers all have excellent features and build quality. Here’s a summary of their strengths:
- Andersen Windows: Strong and durable, this brand is renowned for their straightforward reliability. The vinyl sash for casements is unique and practical.
- Pella Windows: Customizable and unique, there are few applications that Pella cannot address. Featuring the latest technology and traditional look, Pella is a great choice. Blinds inside the glass are the most unique offering.
- Marvin Windows: High quality with traditional design, Marvin stands out as an industry leader with their quality and craftsmanship. This brand is for those stylish individuals who crave the quality to match. Great for historic districts or unique applications. The wash features of Marvin windows are unique and clever.
HomeTowne Windows and Doors offers the best replacement window brands in the metro Milwaukee area. (OK we are a little biased!) Speak with a dedicated project consultant about which wood replacement window option is right for you by calling 414-329-1200, or visiting our HomeTowne Windows and Doors showroom in New Berlin!